|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||13/07/2020 - 23:00|
Editorial Graduate Programme
Looking for a journalism opportunity at one of the world’s leading news organisations? If you're passionate about writing with a great sense of judgement, apply now...
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand that has been synonymous with quality, authority and credibility for more than 160 years. They are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight that their journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content they create – in print, online, in their apps and across many other platforms – is setting the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
The Telegraph is recruiting graduates who want to be part of their team. They want committed people who have a real passion for writing, revealing the truth, meeting people from all walks of life and telling their stories. The successful candidate will need to enjoy deadlines and writing under pressure, as well as being a self-starter and flexible. They should love telling stories in all the different formats available. Many of their graduates have gone on to top jobs at The Telegraph, and they want that trend to continue. Their unique 2-year scheme will offer top-quality training by their most experienced journalists.
Participants in the Graduate Programme will be hired on a permanent staff contract, and will join them in January 2021.
- Write articles in a different range of formats, including print, online and radio
- Train in different sections of The Telegraph, covering everything from news to features, business and sport
- Partake in networking opportunities with different teams and senior members of the newsroom (networking opportunities will continue virtually in 2020)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A passion for journalism, adaptability, resilience, good judgement
- Relevant degree or post-graduate qualification
- Experience in student, local or other news organisations
- Shorthand and media law training preferable
- Please note that this scheme is not open to established professional journalists
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK