|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/01/2021 - 23:59|
Calling all publishing lovers! Are you looking for an exciting entry-level role with a leading book company? Well then read below...
Little Tiger is an award-winning publisher of fiction and non-fiction children’s books for all ages. The 5+ team works across highly-illustrated chapter books, Middle Grade and Young Adult books. Although mostly focused on fiction they also publish some non-fiction and novelty.
The company is currently looking for a highly organised and creative Editorial Assistant to join their team.
- Copyediting and proofreading titles
- Managing projects through from manuscript to publication
- Reading and assessing submissions
- Writing copy for sales and marketing material and for book covers
- Managing schedules and preparing files for reprints and catalogues
- Supporting the department with key administrative tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Passion for children's books
- A specific interest in the children’s book industry – work experience desirable but not essential
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A keen eye for detail and superb organisational skills
- A passion for children's books and an awareness of the market
- Sound computer literacy and an ability to pick up new systems and programmes
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.