|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Penguin Random House|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/02/2021 - 23:59|
Editorial Assistant, Puffin 6+
Are you passionate about helping the next generation of readers to discover books and ideas that can change their lives? Then look no further than this excellent role...
Puffin is part of Penguin Random House, the international home to more than 300 editorially and creatively independent publishing imprints. Together, their mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire, and to connect them with readers everywhere.
Puffin has a fantastic opportunity for a creative, highly organised and enthusiastic individual to join the team who create books for readers aged 6 and upwards as an Editorial Assistant. From Malorie Blackman to Adam Kay, Jeff Kinney and Scarlett Curtis to Jacqueline Wilson and Humza Arshad, Philip Pullman to Karen McManus, the Puffin team work with some of the biggest names and bestselling authors to bring to life stories that change and shape lives.
- You will provide full administrative support to the Publisher and Publishing Director, and some editorial and administrative support to the wider Editorial team, liaising with colleagues, authors, agents and internal departments on a daily basis
- You will be responsible for diary management
- Reading and reporting on submissions
- Managing and maintaining departmental systems
- Dealing with author and agent enquiries
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You'll be an enthusiastic, hard-working self-starter and full of ideas
- You want to immerse yourself fully in the titles that their Children's team publish
- Proven administration and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.