|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/01/2021 - 23:33|
Do you have experience with broadcast editing? Are you passionate about social change? Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to join a leading TV broadcaster…
Together TV is the UK’s social purpose broadcaster, inspiring people to do good in their lives and communities. Optimistic, encouraging and celebrating the quirks of British life, the channel motivates viewers to do more for themselves and those around them through entertaining series and inspiring documentaries.
Together TV is excited to announce that they are now looking for a new Editor to join their small but dynamic team.
- Prepare and deliver Together TV’s programme items for broadcast
- Report to the Director of Post-Production and work closely with the channel’s content and marketing leads, and
- Work with content, playout, platform and digital partners to acquire, compliance edit and deliver their programming
- Support the production, editing and delivery of trailers, social video content, campaigns and clips, with the goal of enticing viewers to watch our series, engage with our digital channels and take part in our campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven editing skills using Adobe Premiere Pro, ideally gained in a factual content (FCP or AVID skills will be considered)
- Experience of file encoding and transcoding preferably with Adobe Media Encoder or Apple’s Compressor
- Use of TX test equipment – loudness meters, waveform monitor and Vectorscope
- A solid understanding of conveying channel branding, ethos and tone of voice through graphics, brand creative and visually
- Knowledge of current TV post-production processes and technology
- Experience of programme consolidation and archiving
- Knowledge of editorial compliance, Broadcast Code, commercial/music rights
- Experience of working with external agencies and independent producers
- Experience in casting and directing voice over and directing audio sessions
- Strong planning skills, able to prioritize tasks and working well under pressure
- Strong and flexible work ethic, proactively uses initiative, good communicator
- A commitment to social action, campaigning and community development
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the values of Together TV
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.