|Salary or training bursary:|
6 months |
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||09/01/2022 - 17:00|
Films Fellow Internship
Are you passionate about film and interested in current affairs? If so, this opportunity could be yours...
Economist Films is the award-winning factual production arm of the global current-affairs newspaper, The Economist. Economist Films captures The Economist’s globally curious outlook in short, mind-stretching films, which offer clear, sharp analysis of a subject, presented in a compelling and digestible way. On average our films are viewed 30 million times across 15 platforms every month. They are distributed via the publisher’s editorial channels and social platforms including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram IGTV. They can also be viewed on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Android TV & ROKU, among others.
Economist Films are looking for a Fellow to join the Video production team. This is an entry-level role and will give the successful candidate a 360° view of what it’s like to work in the Economist’s Films department mainly, but also other parts of editorial. The Fellow will help the Video production team on a daily basis with various tasks, while they work on content including short-form documentaries, animated films and explainers, and will be an integral part of the team.
They are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a global perspective and demonstrable passion for any of the subjects covered by The Economist, including current affairs, culture, science, business and technology. You will need the ability to learn quickly in this unique environment.
What you’ll learn…
- Initiating, researching and developing fresh ideas for topical films
- Keeping abreast of the news and reading a wide range of newspapers, magazines and other source material
- Suggesting original, thought-provoking, engaging and diverse treatments and creative, visual ways to approach them
- Writing clear, concise and accurate briefs for reporters and film-makers
- Fact-checking, sometimes at short notice, to tight deadlines
- Adapting to a fast-changing environment
- Sourcing props and locations for shoots
- Assist with setting up shoots and helping on location as well as the possibility of shooting 2nd camera (dependant on experience)
- Helping to source archive materials for the edit
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Working in a team (or maybe even leading a team)
- Adhering to tight deadlines
- Logistical thinking
- Attention to detail
- News and current affairs
- Youtube content (you may even have your own YouTube channel)
- Film editing
- Motion graphics
- Camera equipment and shooting
- Creative writing
- Budgeting and scheduling
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV, cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will not be accepted)
- Once submitted, you can no longer amend your application, so proof-read carefully
- Do not contact the company directly
- Please email any queries about this role to Creative Access at this address: [email protected]
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities, and individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this opportunity will also participate in a Creative Access support programme for the duration of the placement or first year of contract that sits alongside workplace training. This includes a programme of induction training, monthly masterclasses, wellbeing support, buddying and more.