|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
Do you want to work in Illustrated Lifestyle publishing? Are you an organised quick thinker with an eye for detail who would thrive in an inclusive, fast-paced environment?
DK is the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. They are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of their books.
DK is hiring in two Editorial Assistants to work within the Life team. You should have a strong interest in Lifestyle subject areas and be aware of current trends.
- Assisting the management of backlist and custom titles, including reprint and eBook administration
- Researching and preparing pitch documents
- Administrative and editorial support for the Managing Editor, Acquisitions Editor and editorial team
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Detail focused, methodical and highly organised
- Calm under pressure and able to multitask
- Confident communicators whether on the phone, on screen, email or in person
- Team players who ask the right questions and want to get involved
- Keen to understand efficient workflows and processes
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.