|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
DTP and Design Co-ordinator
Are you proficient in the Adobe Suite and Google Drive, and keen to take on a role in publishing?
DK is the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. They are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of their books.
DK is seeking a DTP and Design Co-ordinator. In this newly-created role you will be responsible for carrying out all desktop publishing (DTP) related tasks and assisting internal and external designers and editor’s day to day, working across the entire Life publishing list.
- Supporting all inhouse and external designers and editors throughout the book making process
- Setting up freelance designers and editors with all relevant systems and programs
- Being the teams technical go to person including epub oversight
- Colour assessment, image processing and photoshop support for the team
- Responsible for all jackets setup including special finishes
- Support inhouse team with any Sales Ops issues or requests and ensure all printer movements are dealt with efficiently
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Is fluent in the Adobe Suite and understands and has experience of the book making process
- Is proficient in jacket and template creation and can troubleshoot confidently
- Is an expert in image processing and assessment
- Has technical knowledge and experience of print and digital production process
- Is calm under pressure, loves process, is organised and good at multitasking
- Enjoys being part of a team and wants to get involved
- Is a clear and confident communicator whether on the phone, email or in person
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.