|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
2 x Acquisitions Editors
Do you enjoy spotting new trends and book ideas ahead of the pack? Have you already established good relationships with authors and agents?
DK is the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. They are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of their books.
The focus for the Acquisitions Editor, Illustrated will be to develop and expand our range of Global publishing across our lifestyle list from complex reference volumes, to quirky gift titles and everything in between. The role of Acquisitions Editor, Narrative will be to develop a new area of publishing for DK and build a narrative list that works alongside and expands the reach of our existing illustrated non-fiction publishing.
These are two incredibly exciting opportunities waiting for two talented individuals who have the drive and commitment to really make an impact to the success of the division.
Responsibilities in both roles:
- Find new authors and publish original illustrated and narrative non-fiction titles
- Originate ideas, commission authors, photographers and illustrators of the highest quality to deliver international sales success
- Acquire non-fiction titles that will contribute to DK’s mission to create immersive books for the curious
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- You will be highly-skilled in commissioning and managing the book process
- You should enjoy working with authors across lifestyle subject areas
- Have a good visual sense and a strong eye for detail, perform well under pressure
- Thrive on spotting new trends and ideas, we’d love to hear from you
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.