|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/05/2021 - 10:00|
Director of Development and Communications
Are you an accomplished fundraiser and/or marketing and communication manager? Cardboard Citizens are looking for a Director of Development and Communications. Apply Now!
As a registered charity, Cardboard Citizens uses the power of the arts to engage, educate and inspire those who are homeless, vulnerable, and most disadvantaged; helping them develop essential life skills, and to empower them to make positive life changes. They raise public awareness of homelessness issues, challenge misconceptions and provide platforms for debate.
They are looking for an accomplished fundraiser or senior marketing and communications manager to lead their Development and Communications team as the new Director of Development and Communications. The successful candidate will join their Senior Management Team to help them to craft the stories, across their fundraising and communications, that will win the hearts and minds of a broader audience coming together to tackle social issues.
- To work closely with the Executive Director and Board to:
- Review and contribute to Cardboard Citizens’ overall strategy
- Deepen existing and develop new prospects and strategic fundraising to optimise voluntary income
- Strengthen how Cardboard Citizens communicates and raises awareness of the impact of its work with and for people experiencing homelessness and from other vulnerable groups by understanding, targeting, and growing audiences for Cardboard Citizens’ work
- To lead and to ensure implementation of strategies for development and communications
- To work with the team to achieve the organisation’s fundraising target (c.£1.2 million across individuals, trusts and foundations, Arts Council England and other public funding sources and corporates)
- To lead the Development and Communications team and be an active contributing member of Cardboard Citizens’ Senior Management Team
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Proven track record in fundraising at a senior level within the arts or beyond profit sector from trusts and foundations, corporates, individual donors, or a combination of these strands and/or proven track record in marketing and communications at a senior level within the arts or beyond profit sector
- Experience of leading on or contributing to organisations’ overall fundraising and/or communications strategies as part of a senior team
- Management experience and experience in training and supporting others to develop their skills
- Proven ability in developing and cultivating senior and non-executive level relationships with funders and/or partners and senior advocates, with the close involvement of Trustees, Ambassadors and other organisational volunteers
- Experience delivering against set targets and preparing meaningful approaches and securing major multi-year commitments of at least six figures and/or experience delivering considered and targeted high-profile communications and advocacy campaigns
- Ability to influence, inspire, and persuade people in written and oral form and to tailor communications to different fundraising or audience groups
- Ability to create, manage, and monitor budgets, timelines, and strategic plans
- Ability to generate ideas and work on own initiative top identify and leverage fundraising and communications opportunities from new/ existing sources
- Commitment and flexibility to carry out varied responsibilities within a small team
- A passion for arts with a social purpose, commitment to opening up access and ensuring diversity across the sector and an alignment with the values of Cardboard Citizens
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.