|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/09/2020 - 23:00|
Director of Data Governance
Are you a self-starter with a passion for Data? Then join ITV as their new Director of Data Governance...
ITV connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and they do all this through the power of creativity. They will be a digitally-led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
ITV is looking for a Director of Data Governance. You will be reporting into the Group Chief Data & AI Officer, but working closely with business, data and technology teams across the company. You will be responsible for ensuring the value of data initiatives can be realised in a compliant manner, ensuring quality, consistency, usefulness, and safety of the data they work with, and protecting their users’ privacy. They are looking for a forward-thinker, highly skilled Data Expert to help their teams to maintain the highest standards for working with data, by incorporating governance structures into Agile methods. This is a wide-ranging role that involves collaboration with many different parts of ITV and will play a key part in building ITV’s data-enabled future.
- Develop and embed an operating model for data governance, building on the established governance framework
- Establish and review the key data councils that exist to manage the IT architecture to enable data to be securely available and engage the business and clearly articulating the data needs, definitions and quality management
- Develop metric life cycles for use and management of data (including data protection and privacy) across the business including appropriate systems for the capturing of key data metrics.
- Supporting the Group Chief Data and Ai Officer, with defining and communicating data strategy and vision, ensuring regular communications through available channels
- Provide a comprehensible internal data site that promotes data ownership and data stewardship through communities, forums and regular updates on data activities
- Chair the relevant Data Governance meetings and forum
- Ensure information, governance issues, decisions and follow-up actions are delivered effectively
- Applies creativity and judgment in developing new approaches and solutions
- Work closely with Legal, Cyber Security teams, CTO, and Risk security and protection functions to drive the data governance framework and ensure the evolution of the ITV meets the needs
- Facilitate the development of data quality standards and adoption across the enterprise
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A self-starter with a passion for Data
- Critical thinker with a deeply analytical mindset
- Extensive Data governance experience
- Proactive and solution-orientated in a creative and innovative way
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned justifications to promote and enable a deep understanding of the customers’ business goals and objectives
- A clear communicator able to articulate solutions and challenges
- Highly collaborative and able to influence CxO level to promote the benefits of Data Governance
- Ability to align data governance requirements to ITV business strategy and attaining specific objectives
- Experienced in the capture, development and publishing of key data metrics is a requirement
- Leadership skills capabilities
- A background in media and technology is useful
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.