|Industry:||Government & Policy|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Labour Party|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/09/2020 - 23:00|
Do you have experience developing multi-channel digital campaigns? As well as excellent editing and design skills? This role may be the perfect opportunity for you...
The Labour Party is about people. It was formed to give ordinary people a voice and has sought power in order to improve their lives. Proud of their history and its achievements – from the NHS to the welfare state – they have made a lasting difference to the lives of people across the country. Over the past century, their mission is to be the Party of the many, not the few.
The Labour Party is looking to recruit a Digital Officer to support all aspects of digital activity for the London Labour Party. This will include communication of message, volunteer recruitment and retention, and fundraising activity through the use of website, social media and email to meet Party's core objectives and contribute to the electoral success in the 2021 mayoral election and beyond.
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the London Labour Party's digital activity, to enable their resources and potential to be best utilised to meet their core objectives
- Work with the Regional Director - London, and Labour HQ digital teams to set targets for digital activity and then work towards successfully meeting these
- Ensure digital activity is fully integrated into broader strategic plans, tracking their effectiveness, with the ability to recommend changes in direction as required
- Actively work towards the definition and delivery of an effective digital campaigning plan in relation to the 2021 Sadiq for London mayoral campaign
- Lead planning on how the London Labour Party can use digital channels for effective storytelling about the values and ideas of the Party candidates, elected representatives and policies in London
- Work with colleagues to plan and execute a monthly and weekly calendar of digital content that communicates the values and work of the Labour Party, in line with their wider communications plan, whilst managing the development and quality of content
- Revise digital plans as changes occur and use creativity to demonstrate how digital channels can be used to respond quickly and effectively to these changes
- Provide creative support through digital design, in which innovative ideas can be developed
- Work to engage and empower the digital activist base in London
- Undertake any other tasks as required by the Regional Director - London
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in developing targets and KPIs for a digital campaign and establishing reporting processes for these
- Experience working in a complex communications environment and planning campaigns as part of wider communications
- Developing multi-channel digital campaigns including across Social, Video, advertising and web
- Knowledge and understanding of email segmentation, online campaigning and fundraising techniques as well as social media advertising techniques
- Ability to contribute to digital strategies for campaigns, organisations or brands
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- The ability to work proactively with staff both within the party, and with external suppliers to deliver projects
- Digital editing and design skills
- Ability to execute innovative digital campaigns, analyse data for data-driven decision making and manage the delivery of complex projects
- Ability to balance competing priorities and ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.