|Salary or training bursary:|
FTC - 1 year |
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||31/08/2020 - 12:00|
Do you have experience in fundraising and income generation? If so, apply now to join a theatre creating social change through the arts...
Cardboard Citizens makes theatre for social change. They empower people with lived experience of homelessness and strive to change society’s perceptions of homeless people. They make theatre for homeless and ex-homeless people and for general audiences. Often their theatre is participatory, informed by the Theatre of the Oppressed methodology. They are the UK’s leading practitioners of this approach. This type of theatre can spark change in individuals and society. They believe that theatre, whether experienced as audience or participant, can be a space for better understanding ourselves. They create work as a catalyst for debate, to influence opinion and stimulate change.
Cardboard Citizens is looking for seeking an experienced individual with a successful track record of fundraising and income generation to play a key role in helping to shape the company’s future, and to establish Cardboard Citizens as a leading arts organisation working with and for people affected by homelessness. Working within the Organisation Team, the successful candidate will be at a point in their career to embark on a more senior and strategic role. The successful candidate will be an accomplished and highly efficient fundraiser with a proven track-record of developing relationships with corporates and individuals and securing mid-scale partnerships and grants.
- Develop and deliver strategy to maximise income from corporate partners and prospects
- To steward existing supporters, ensuring a high retention rate, renewals and income growth
- To proactively identify new prospects for cultivation and as appropriate donor journeys to enable engagement
- To champion the importance of corporate income internally and ensure all staff are aware of the need for data capturing, impact reporting against KPIs and stakeholder engagement
- Management and stewardship of key funders through effective and accurate reporting and reapplication – involving key personnel across the organisation and ensuring regular touchpoints with senior staff and the Board of Trustees
- Oversee a timetable for approaches and solicitation, developing new leads and ensuring regular and accurate forecasting in-line with budget expectations
- Develop and deliver a strategic individual giving programme, with particular focus on developing and increasing income from new and existing donors, drawing support from the senior team and Board of Trustees
- Raise the profile of individual giving across our programmes of work, increasing levels of donations
- Manage Cardboard Citizens’ Friends scheme, growing a committed pool of donors
- Manage and increase the profile of Legacy Giving for Cardboard Citizens
- Manage a portfolio of donors and lead on approaches personally, involving key personnel when required – staff, board and other key stakeholders
- Prepare funding proposals, reports and other documents for prospects to advance the fundraising process and support donor decision making
- Work with the Development team to profile guests attending fundraising events, produce profile snapshots and identify key stakeholders to engage, cultivate and follow up
- Ensure administrative processes are in line with best practice are consistently applied with regards to donor records, gift agreements, GDPR, acknowledgements and recognition, and pledge schedules
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- At least three years’ fundraising experience in a related area
- Experience of managing and developing relationships
- Experience of researching prospects
- Strong proposal and report writing skills
- Ability to work creatively, take initiative and further the work of the Development team
- Excellent planning skills and good time management
- Enthusiasm and a passion for the work of Cardboard Citizens
- Experience of budget control and management
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.