|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||21/01/2021 - 23:59|
Do you believe that storytelling can change lives? Do you have experience in production development or content distribution? Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to join a leading TV broadcaster…
Together TV is the UK’s social purpose broadcaster, inspiring people to do good in their lives and communities. Optimistic, encouraging and celebrating the quirks of British life, the channel motivates viewers to do more for themselves and those around them through entertaining series and inspiring documentaries.
Together TV is excited to announce they are now looking for a new Development Executive. The role entails leading on their programming, along with working on their scheduling and planning when required.
- Turn their content strategy into reality by sourcing and acquiring content for Together TV
- Create a strong content pipeline working with broadcasters, distributors, filmmakers and charity campaigns
- Develop a slate of production ideas for internal and external use
- Establish strong relationships with the Public Service Broadcasting and digital channel groups
- Business affairs and content operations - contracts, compliance, metadata, music cues
- View all programming for Ofcom compliance
- Feed audience insight back into content strategy and acquisition
- Be a point-of-contact for new talent, communities, charities and filmmakers who approach the channel regarding new projects and programmes
- As needed, create and prepare daily presentation schedules for sign-off, ensuring transmission schedule adheres to all Ofcom regulations
- Work on monthly programme schedules when needed
- Liaise closely with the marketing team to ensure TV schedule fits online plans and to co-ordinate on-demand scheduling
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in TV production, distribution or channel management
- Aptitude for training on and using an automated scheduling system
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good editorial judgement
- Experienced in developing strong relationships
- Experienced in content rights, compliance, metadata and content operations
- Trained in broadcast compliance and Ofcom codes
- Experienced in audience insight to drive viewing, engagement and activation
- Good understanding of social impact and behaviour change
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Together TV
- The ability to move between content, planning and scheduling with flexibility will be needed
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.