|Contract Type:||Freelance Opportunity|
|Salary or training bursary:|
Feburary - September 2021 |
|Company:||Manchester International Festival|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/01/2021 - 23:59|
Creative Engagement Evaluation Brief
Don’t miss this new and exciting opportunity to support an international festival that showcases Manchester stories and talent….
Manchester International Festival (MIF) launched in 2007 as the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events. It is an artist-led festival staged every two years, presenting new works from across the spectrum of performing arts, visual arts and popular culture, at venues and spaces across the city. As well as the biennial festival, MIF will also run and commission a year-round artistic programme for The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the centre of Manchester.
Manchester International Festival are excited to announce they are looking for a freelance Evaluator to complete a Creative Engagement Evaluation Brief.
MIF’s Creative Engagement Team has been developing a body of work to embed public agency, participation and creative engagement into their activity. This includes establishing a number of public forums and processes for devolved decision making, co-design methodologies for artistic commission creation, community selection for artist development and innovative platforms for volunteering and informal skills and learning development.
With sustained support from two of the UK’s leading public engagement foundations, The Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation, they are building on strong foundations of participatory and co-producing methodologies to embed more publicly, democratic practices into the opening season and ongoing operation of The Factory. MIF is looking for an evaluator to help them measure and reflect on this programme of work.
- A review of the quality and impact of the experience for beneficiaries, partners, artists and MIF’s wider organisation
- Pilot the measurement of social impact in MIF’s public engagement activity (health and wellbeing, growth in social capital, community activism, personal aspiration, growth and confidence) to help inform and shape future policy
- A review of the success of current approaches and to identify key learning to help inform the future direction of activity following the opening of The Factory
- A dissemination strategy and plan
- Contribute to the formation of a monitoring and evaluation framework including recommended methodologies, with specific reference to the Creative Engagement programme
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable experience in data evaluation and data analysis
- Demonstrable experience of communicating with and interviewing internal and external stakeholders at various seniority levels
- Demonstrable experiencing gathering and presenting data that is accessible to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrable experience of using data analysis to create a strategic plan for organisational development
- Demonstrable experience of data evaluation that focuses on the social impact of an organisation
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.