|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/10/2020 - 09:00|
Creative Director of Brand Communications and Campaigns
Are you an innovative, creative thinker? Do you want to have experience creating content for a variety of audiences? This opportunity may be the perfect one for you...
Help Refugees started five years ago as a hashtag in August 2015. Within a week, they'd raised £56,000 to fill a van full of donations to take down to Calais. They now support over 120 projects across Europe, the Middle East and on the US-Mexico border. They take a fieldwork-first approach to aid, establishing local networks and working with local partners to deliver projects.
Help Refugees / Choose Love are looking for new talent to join them as their Creative Director of Brand Communications and Campaigns to lead and manage all elements of the communications strategy for the organisation.
Strategy and Leadership
- Design and implement a communications strategy that advances Choose Love's strategic priorities to 1. Position and promote forced migration as an urgent issue and move audiences to take action 2. Position and promote Choose Love as an expert on forced migration and 3. diversify the organisation's base of grassroots supporters
- Collaborate closely with the CEO on all aspects of Choose Love's communications and marketing efforts, overseeing and signing-off on all content creation
Fundraising and Advocacy Campaigns
- Develop the strategy, creative concepts, tactics and messaging for fundraising and advocacy campaigns throughout the year. This work will be done in close collaboration with the Head of Digital and Choose Love's program, advocacy, fundraising and partnership teams
- Work with the team to develop creative concepts around the Choose Love Shop - both virtual and physical - leading the communications strategy to promote the shop toa wide array of audiences in the UK and beyond
Outreach and Engagement: Social, Influencers, Media and Events
- Develop and oversee Choose Love's editorial calendar, with a focus on social media, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
- Keep a pulse of relevant social media channels and traditional media outlets to spot trends and curate content for Choose Love's audiences
- Other responsibilities where necessary, working with the CEO and Head of Partnerships
Team Development and Management
- Thoughtfully manage and grow a team of communications and marketing professionals
- Manage engagement of external vendors and contractors, including graphic designers, PR specialists, videographers, photographers, etc.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Have a minimum 7-10 years experience working in marketing, communications and/or media/PR field for a nonprofit, media outlet, brand, political campaign or ad agency
- Are an innovative, creative thinker, leader and do-er who is equally comfortable building a strategy, directing staff and rolling up your sleeves to get the work done on Day 1
- Proven experience with an editorial approach to communications, including content creation and curation for a variety of audiences. Experience in crisis communications and rapid response is a plus
- Not only have experience but enjoy managing a team, providing both leadership and coaching to help your colleagues grow and reach their full potential. Management style includes care and compassion
- Proven ability to oversee a wide portfolio of projects and to manage multiple competing deadlines
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.