|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Universal Music Group|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/10/2020 - 23:59|
Do you have a passion for music with broad taste and knowledge? Then this might be the role for you...
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, and the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. They own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries.
An important part of Universal Publishing’s Film & TV Department, the Creative Coordinator will work alongside one of the team’s Senior Creative Manager on music searches, promotion and marketing, predominantly in the advertising sphere.
The role will include answering music searches from both music supervisors and advertising agencies, quickly and accurately delivering tracks from UMP’s extensive commercial catalogue, researching and pitching opportunities for their artists and writers and building and maintaining client relationships in the sync world.
There will also be an expectation to represent the department when it comes to new and potential signings, explaining to managers, artists and writers the important role a publishing sync team provides.
- Assist on music searches across advertising and other media
- Helping pitch to advertising supervisors to allow more time to focus on “new business”, bespoke projects and important existing clients.
- Assist with events and presentations and other events related to the promotion of their catalogue for sync
- Assist team members with more generic UK TV pitches / instrumental deliveries allowing more focus on streaming services
- Increase focus on “good for sync” tracks from new signings and priority artists by curating playlists on Songs based on reference tracks / work with colleagues collecting relevant pre-released music for pitching
- Organise new music and gig ticket competition blog / mailout for clients
- Maintaining databases and other key admin support: maintaining client
- Support in the creation and distribution of marketing materials for the UK sync team
- Research potential sync licensing opportunities by looking at on-air commercials and the teams behind them
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Some understanding of music publishing and sync licensing
- Excellent verbal, written, organisational, administrative and communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Reliable, diligent, proactive and a good people person
- Passion for music with broad taste and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment, managing and balancing daily tasks with longer-term goals
- Good writing skills and happy providing content
- Enthusiasm, confidence to join client, artist and manager meetings
- Ideally some relevant music industry experience
- Potentially some marketing experience to help with design / mailouts
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity
- Upload your CV and cover letter - as ONE document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Once submitted, applications are final
- Do not contact the company directly