|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/08/2021 - 17:00|
Head of Employer Training
Knowledge is worthless if it isn’t shared generously. Here at Creative Access we are experts in the delivery of training to our employer partners. We have an immediate, and exceptional opportunity for an equally exceptional person to help expand and evolve our Employer Training offer within the creative sector in which we operate and lead.
We believe it is genuinely exceptional because of what we do, who we work with and why we exist.
A little about us
Creative Access is a not-for-profit social enterprise, unrivalled in diverse recruitment and inclusion. We help talented people to thrive in the creative industries who come from groups that are under-represented in terms of ethnicity, socio-economic backgrounds and disability or who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
We are at an exciting and transformative time in our 10-year history and one of our strategic priorities is to expand our Employer Training offering. Because there is a need and because there is a receptive audience for what we do so well. Employer training is a key strand of our work and helps to ensure our partners are providing inclusive workplace environments, in which people from underrepresented communities can thrive and flourish.
To enable this further we are looking for an experienced individual to lead on the organisation and development of our employer training function. Working with our inspirational Chief Executive and our team of renowned freelance trainers, this role will be crucial in supporting the planning and delivery of our work with partners including Penguin Random House, White Cube, Hearst Magazines, Fremantle Media, Freuds and many more.
What is involved
- You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities and driving growth in our key areas of diversity and inclusion; mental health and wellbeing; and leadership. The potential is great as these critical subjects gain more importance and rise higher up the agenda of our partner organisations.
- You will lead on scheduling all training, developing content and responding to new business enquiries through meetings and proposals, collaborating across our internal teams to ensure that our partners are as whole-hearted as possible in their approach to inclusivity.
This role is a rare and influential opportunity to lead a burgeoning area of our organisation. If you care about profit with purpose, and you enjoy an environment where contribution and opinion matters, then this could be one you don’t want to pass up.
Aided by two direct reports you will:
- Continually refine and refresh our training to ensure it sits firmly within the inclusion training landscape, remains competitive, is of a high standard and is relevant and up to date. You’ll be experienced in the aspects of interactivity and accessibility.
- Identify, engage and secure new employer training business opportunities to ensure we continually expand and grow our reach and influence whilst evolving effective and lasting relationships with existing employer partners
- Identify and write bid documents and prep for new business pitches using your well-developed writing and presenting skills
- Liaise with our team of external consultants to schedule training, agree budgets and manage invoicing – requiring an organised and deadline focused approach
- Put in place and continually improve effective mechanisms for measuring programme impact and reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
To deliver this we will be looking for...
- A deep and genuine understanding of diversity, equality and inclusion – be prepared to evidence your experience, passion and track record in this key area. Its non-negotiable.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the creative and cultural industries – it’s a unique and fascinating sector with nuances you will only truly appreciate through prior involvement
- An experienced multi-tasker, used to managing and delivering multiple projects brilliantly
- Commercial sales experience accompanied with a confident and appropriate style that resonates with our partners – you’ll be an effective negotiator with great self-awareness.
- An experienced and generous manager able to manage and develop a team to achieve great things. A confident mentor and a mentee confidante
And in return...
Other than the opportunity to work for a business that is all about profit with purpose where you will be consulted, listened to, supported, thanked, included, valued and appreciated - always:
- We’ll pay you between £46 and £52K every year, depending on experience
- Give you 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays (plus a half-day for your birthday)
- Offer you a combination of remote and office based flexible working
- Provide you privileged access to the fascinating world of tv, film. publishing, music, marketing, theatre and much more