|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Positive Action Scheme|
|Apply by:||08/03/2021 - 12:00|
Creative Access & ITV Mentoring Programme
Are you curious to explore how a career in television could make the most of your interests and talents? Or do you want support to progress your existing career in the industry? If the answer to either question is 'yes', apply to be matched with a mentor from the largest commercial television network in the UK...
Creative Access is excited to be partnering with ITV to launch a new virtual mentoring programme designed to reach aspiring and emerging career talent from communities currently under-represented in television.
150 mentors, from across all ITV teams and departments, have signed up to support and nurture the next generation of talent who want to begin or progress, their journey towards their first or next opportunity in television.
ITV's family of channels consists of ITV main channel, which is the largest commercial channel in the UK, ITV2 and ITV3 - the two largest digital channels in the UK, ITV4, ITVBe and CITV. From ITV News and ITV Sport, to commercial and commissioning, there are many different roles and teams who come together to make content; from development and production, through to design, digital, technology, legal, finance and HR.
This programme aims to break down barriers and myths, and showcase the rich mix of roles and opportunities on offer. It is about giving mentees the chance to gain insights and expertise, develop skills and confidence, and build new connections and networks with the television industry. And it is about giving mentors the opportunity to learn from the fresh perspectives of the mentees.
How does the programme work?
Mentors will be available from across ITV, representing all the business areas. Where possible, mentees will be matched with a mentor working in the area in which they would like to work.
The mentoring partnerships will run for six months, with virtual meetings monthly during this time. 75 mentorships will run from April 2021, and 75 from October 2021.
What do you need to apply?
- An interest in working in a creative industry
- An interest in at least one of the areas or departments in a television broadcaster
- An aim to gain employment in a relevant trainee or entry-level role in the future or to secure support with progressing your existing career within television
- A willingness to engage positively with a mentor on a monthly basis for six months
- A commitment to attend Creative Access' training sessions during the programme
Plus, you'll need to:
- Be able to participate between March and October 2021
- Be over the age of 18, still in education or training, or in the early-mid stages of your television career
- Identify as being from an under-represented group in television. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, people with disabilities and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
To ensure your application is considered you must complete both of the following:
- Log in to your Creative Access account or register today to apply for this opportunity by uploading your CV
- Secondly, complete this form here