|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||28/09/2020 - 23:00|
Do you have paralegal, office work or other experience that demonstrates reliability, computer literacy and team working skills? This opportunity may be the perfect one for you...
Hachette UK is a leading UK publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second-largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with their sister company in the USA, Hachette Book Group.
Hachette are looking for new talent to join their team as a Contracts Assistant. You will be working in their Contracts Department with a team of 19 who handle approximately 3000 contractual paperwork requests per annum. This includes author contracts, subsidiary rights agreements and other contractual paperwork such as amendments and contributor agreements.
- Process contracts for signature both in physical form and via electronic signature software
- Barcode, scan and upload contracts to a database and arrange for archiving of physical copies
- Maintain the contracts log
- Update contract information on the Biblio publishing database
- Return signed contracts to authors/literary agents
- Support team members as required, for instance, due to staff absence
- Work with colleagues on projects as they arise, including for example, onboarding of contractual paperwork as part of the acquisition of another publishing company or their assets
- With experience and after training you may also: Handle copyright reversion requests, manage queries from editors, other staff, authors and literary agents as well as draft and/or check certain contractual paperwork, including addenda, simple author contracts, intercompany paperwork, etc.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience with paralegal, office work or other experience demonstrating reliability, team work, computer literacy and attention to detail, not necessarily in publishing
- An adaptable problem-solver with the initiative to manage a competing workload
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.