|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The City Bridge Trust|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/01/2021 - 23:59|
Are you looking for the next step up in your comms career? Then look at what we have here...
City Bridge Trust (CBT) is a vibrant, innovative funder supporting charitable activity across London. Their vision is for London to be a city where everyone can thrive. The company aims to reduce inequality and grow stronger, more resilient and thriving communities for a London that serves everyone.
City Bridge Trust are looking to recruit a Communications Officer to help improve their internal information and understanding with our Trustee and raise their profile externally with their audiences and stakeholders.
- Provide accurate and researched information to a variety of audiences such as drafting Board Reports, providing members briefings and promoting City Bridge Trust philanthropic, charitable and responsible business activities
- To promote, communicate and share successes to all departments whose services are connected with the City Corporation’s philanthropic, charitable and responsible business activity including focusing on responsible business, social mobility and philanthropy through internal working groups and meetings
- To work with the Media Team in contributing to and creating targeted media coverage of impact, news value and messaging to reach the audiences set out in the Communications Vision
- To create relevant and timely opinion pieces to promote our work while following the media processes and protocols of the City of London Corporation’s Media Team
- To ensure that the City Bridge Trust social media feed, website and data/information storage is updated, accessible and informative
- To manage the web development programme including setting up questionnaires with end-users, coordinating and inputting team and grantee voices
- To prepare key messages where necessary for upcoming speeches for our Management Team and Committee members as required, liaising with the City of London’s Corporate Affairs Team responsible for overseeing the affairs of the Corporation
- To support the Impact and Learning Team proactively and reactively to distribute useful and timely communication around sector learning
- To work together with the Executive Assistants, Event Owner and Communication Manager to ensure promotion of events especially in terms of brand awareness, targeted attendance, content and messaging
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with CBT colleagues, Media Officer responsible for securing positive media coverage for City of London Corporation’s charitable and philanthropic work and with all relevant communication professionals across the City Corporation and related charities to ensure a mutually re-enforced message and coordinated approach to influencing is achieved
- To support the production of all relevant publications and communication material including the audio-visual content
- Support the maintenance of the communications contacts/interactions on the CRM led by the audience segmentation of the Communication plan
- Actively seek to implement the City of London’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both themselves and others when carrying out their duties
- Actively seek to implement the City of London’s Equal Opportunity Policy and the objective to promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant field such as marketing or communications, OR able to demonstrate an equivalent level of skills knowledge and significant experience in a relevant role
- A strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and media tools and techniques, communications and public relations, including digital and social media and its use in the charity sector
- Some understanding of key issues facing the charitable/philanthropic/responsible business sectors in the UK
- Ability to quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the formal structure of the Corporation and CBT, all of its services and key organisational objectives and the legal and constitutional framework within which it operates
- Political astuteness and awareness to know when and how to promote the work internally and externally and to ensure no communication is damaging to the strategic objectives of the organisation or related charities
- High level of proficiency in IT systems particularly Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), publishing software, websites and digital and social media
- Experience of working with and to an organisational communications strategy within a complex and large organisation to meet strategic corporate objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An excellent grasp of digital comms
- Excellent editorial skills
- Ability to understand and work to a corporate communication strategy for the promotion of philanthropic, charitable and responsible business activity
- An ability to set priorities, schedule work and monitor performance so that goals are achieved successfully and on time
- An ability to apply professional knowledge and judgement to evaluate situations and select effective solutions in good time including the ability to respond to situations at short notice on behalf of the organsiation
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.