|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
6 Months |
|Company:||Oxford University Press|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/03/2021 - 23:59|
Curious about higher education publishing and have a great eye for detail? Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join Oxford University Press…
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The Academic Division publishes books, journals, and digital resources for the research, professional, and higher education markets. This role is within the Higher Education department’s Natural and Social Sciences team and will be working predominantly on the Business & Management list. They commission and develop high quality content to support teaching and learning across these disciplines.
Oxford University Press is looking for a Commissioning Assistant to join their team. In this role, you will support the Commissioning Editor (CE) in all aspects of their role to help them manage and develop the High Education product.
- Provide administrative support to the CE to facilitate the smooth running of the lists, including the handling of queries from both internal and external sources
- Undertake defined market research and competitor analysis to inform the acquisition of new products, and the preparation of new editions
- Co-ordinate the review process for new proposals and draft content, securing appropriate and timely advice to maintain the high quality of the publishing programme
- Prepare and supply all necessary materials as part of detailed handover of content to Content Operations and Digital Production, including permissions information
- Manage the contractual process for all titles commissioned
- Project manage the manuscript development process for straightforward titles as required, under suitable guidance
- Maintain accurate product data, ensuring Oxford Publish data, New Book Announcements, and title and product information for marketing/selling teams, OUP USA and other overseas offices are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Establish and maintain good relationships with authors/editors/contributors to maximize publishing success and to encourage authors to regard OUP as their publisher of choice
- Represent Oxford at author meetings, conferences, book launches, etc., as appropriate
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Communicate accurately and confidently with people at all levels, in person/via telephone and in writing
- Organise and prioritise a varied workload, meeting deadlines set
- Approach tasks in an efficient way, with excellent attention to detail
- Be highly proactive in all areas of your work, and use initiative to solve problems
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Show a curiosity for higher education publishing, and an awareness of commercial issues
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrate excellent team-working skills
- Have an inquisitive mind and show a desire to learn
- Work in a flexible way, and be a proactive nature
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.