|Industry:||Museums & Galleries|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Hepworth Wakefield|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/03/2021 - 23:59|
Collection & Exhibition Registrar
Want to work for a leading exhibition centre? Well then, have a read of this exciting opportunity below...
The Hepworth Wakefield has welcomed over 2.3 million visitors since opening in May 2011 and is now firmly established as a major local, national and international attraction, winning Art Fund Museum of the Year in 2017. They present an outstanding programme of historical and contemporary exhibitions alongside displays drawn from Wakefield's collection of 20th-century and contemporary art. In August 2019, The Hepworth Wakefield Garden opened. Designed by Tom Stuart-Smith, the garden features sculptures and is one of the largest free public gardens in the UK.
The company is seeking an experienced Collection & Exhibitions Registrar to support the curatorial team in collection care and the delivery of a world-class exhibitions programme at one of the UK’s most successful public art galleries.
Collection and exhibitions
- Organise all aspects of crating, packing, transportation insurance and logistics for the collection
- Managing the loan list and correspondence for exhibitions
- Scheduling and managing the installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Assisting the Chief Curator in drafting papers for the quarterly Collection & Acquisitions Committee
- Supporting the curational team to manage a national and international touring exhibitions programme
- Managing the Gallery Technician and making sure they have the required training and support
- Ensuring staff are aware of and comply with legal requirements
- Organise and maintain project files
- Maintenance of object records
- Drawing up and maintaining exhibition timelines
- Representing the gallery at relevant events
- Contribute to the gallery Environment Sustainability Strategy
- Other requested duties from the Chief Curator
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Degree in a relevant subject, i.e Museum Studies
- Proven experience of collections management
- Good management and supervisory skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good admin skills
- Keep calm under pressure
- Problem solver
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.