|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 17:00|
Sales and Events Co-ordinator (Galleries)
Brand new role with a social enterprise based in London! Do you have experience in venue hire or events organisation? Then carry on reading...
Coin Street is a social enterprise working in Waterloo and North Southwark, London. From a derelict site in 1984 they have created a thriving, diverse, vibrant and welcoming place for people to live, work and play. At Coin Street they aim to create a healthy, inspirational and resilient community and they’re proud to have built a national and international reputation for mixed developments, combining housing, cultural, commercial and community uses on London’s South Bank.
As part of the commercial team, the Sales and Events Co-ordinator (Galleries) will work towards monthly and annual sales targets, increasing occupancy of their gallery and event venues through an exciting and engaging programme of events and exhibitions. The role also supports and assists in the programmes that make Oxo Tower Wharf a leading hub for creative businesses.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all incoming sales enquiries, providing appropriate information, following up, conducting show rounds to convert enquiries to bookings.
- Prepare proposals and recommendations to the commercial team for final selection.
- Identify new clients and promote CSCB’s exhibitions and design venues.
- Work in conjunction with the Design Curator and the marketing team to develop marketing collateral in all appropriate formats and media to ensure effective promotion of the exhibition venues and programmes.
- Provide appropriate information regarding approved suppliers, health & safety and site regulations to enable clients to provide proper risk assessments and method statements [RAMS].
- Liaise with the property and facilities team and the event Venue Supervisor to agree client RAMS and communicate and record all agreed changes and amendments.
- Support and assist with the lettings of Oxo Tower Wharf's designer-maker studios through the sourcing of creative tenants and temporary uses.
- Record the progress of all enquiries and prepare reports as requested by the Design Curator and/or Head of Commercial.
- Ensure spaces are maintained properly by liaising with the property and facilities and help desk teams and report any issues or concerns.
- Periodically review the needs of the venues and make recommendations for improvements or refurbishments.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience, in a busy sales team, dealing with a wide variety of enquiries and of meeting and exceeding challenging sales targets
- Two years’ experience in the venue hire sector, or similar, co-ordinating and organising events.
- Experience of working with databases and of data capture/entry would be desirable
- A strong interest in or qualified within an arts or design background
- A personal commitment to and enthusiasm for Coin Street’s ethos and mission
- Ability to secure strong commercial performance while delivering a strong design and exhibitions programme
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and sustain positive relationships, with strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure to deadlines and to prioritise own workload. Self-motivated with the ability to work within a team as well as on own initiative.
- Computer literate including use of Microsoft Office packages, databases and event booking systems.
- Flexibility to work out of “normal” office hours on occasion.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.