|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/10/2021 - 17:00|
Do you thrive in roles where you're juggling tasks, dealing with problems, and supporting the smooth running of concurrent projects?
Cog Design help arts organisations inspire their audiences. They distil complex messages into simple, inspired, intelligent communication that demands attention. Working exclusively in the world of arts and culture, they firmly believe in the power of culture to transform lives.
Cog Design are hiring a Studio Manager to join their Greenwich studio. This is a hands-on, full-time role for someone who wants to get stuck-in to helping run one of the UK's most successful creative sector design agencies. You'll be a vital part of the team, providing and maintaining a structure and environment for the team to thrive in.
- Maintaining the working environment or finding the right suppliers to do so
- Overseeing health and safety duties, including Covid-19 health and safety and fire safety provision
- Providing confident IT support to the team and maintaining the computer network
- Scrupulous day to day bookkeeping, invoicing and record keeping, liaising with the Director to ensure that bills are paid on time and that the company charges promptly for their work
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients by answering the phone and greeting guests
- Organising fortnightly breakfast briefings with external speakers
- Liaising with suppliers and nurturing relationships to ensure they get the best value (not just the cheapest)
- Managing administrative systems while always looking out for ways to improve them
- Organising activities including monthly cultural outings, Xmas meal and annual team discussion day
- Championing equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging at Cog
- Always seeking new ways to make Cog Design's work and business practices more environmentally sustainable
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Highly organised with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to effectively manage many concurrent projects
- A problem solver, calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Numerate with experience in handling bookkeeping and purchasing
- Comfortable following existing (written)instructions when needed, and using your own initiative when appropriate
- An understanding of when to escalate and when to use initiative
- Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop
- Positive attitude and energetic approach to working in a team
- Interest in the work of Cog Design and their clients
- Experience of working in a creative office/studio environment
- Experience of working with creative and technically minded people
- A knowledge and experience of working in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors
- Knowledge and experience of using Harvest (project management and time-tracking), Xero (accounts), Google Apps for Business and Adobe Creative Cloud
- IT knowledge and ability to troubleshoot problems
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.