|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||27/09/2021 - 17:00|
Business Development Assistant
Do you have an interest in the design and delivery of construction projects within the performing arts, events or experiential spaces? Don't miss this upcoming role.
Charcoalblue is the world’s leading multi-national theatre, acoustic, and digital consultancy. Founded in 2004, they have studios in London, Bristol, Glasgow, New York, Chicago and Melbourne and their team members currently work in a distributed way across the globe. They are currently working with the world’s leading architects, designing performing arts buildings for some of the biggest names in theatre.
Charcoalblue are looking for a Business Development Assistant to join their talented, global team. This is a junior level administrative role to help the consultancy support business development and fast-growing business opportunities within Charcoalblue’s UK Theatre Consultancy and Acoustics services.
- Leading on the project bids for new work in the UK, Europe and Middle East, including client communications to establish the brief, coordination, creation, submission and follow up of bid documentation, and associated communication with external stakeholder peers.
- Supporting the UK Partners & Principals on refining and delivering on their Business Development strategy
- Engaging with local, national, and international architects and theatre companies on business development projects
- Managing Charcoalblue’s communications with clients via email, telephone, and website/social media as required
- Responding to client enquiries about company services in a timely, friendly and informative manner
- Providing support and liaising with the wider global business development team as required
- Assisting on Business Development report writing, data gathering and system development as required
- Communicating with local conference providers on sponsorship opportunities, negotiations and deliverables
- Managing Charcoalblue’s social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) for UK theatre consultancy and acoustics; carrying out updates alongside other Business Development team members to ensure a coordinated approach where appropriate
- Developing, monitoring, updating and maintaining the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System (Insightly); providing simple data analysis from the system as required
- Asset management: looking after ongoing internal projects, such as an annual audit/update of the UK team CVs, project cut sheets, document template refreshes, and other project assets to support bid documentation and other client requirements
- Assisting in the creation of graphical materials and documents using InDesign
- Supporting on, and coordinating an editorial team for Thought Leadership
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Charcoalblue is open to receiving applications with a variety of levels of experience; they are seeking a broad candidate pool, with no set education or experience requirements
- If you meet most of the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply
- Highly organised, excellent time management skills, reliable
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Friendly, professional manner
- Able to work successfully on own initiative, as well as part of a local and global team
- Numerate; ability to manage simple budgets and basic finance related tasks as required
- Business development experience in an events, architecture or construction related environment, or other relevant field
- Participation in business development and marketing campaigns/initiatives
- Demonstrable experience using design software such as InDesign or Photoshop
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.