|Salary or training bursary:|
|Location:||Edinburgh (Remote working and travel as required)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/10/2020 - 11:00|
Centre Director (Edinburgh)
Do you have a passion for dance? As well as experience in project planning and building partnerships? This arts leadership role may be the perfect one for you...
Dancebase is the national centre for dance in Scotland. As a company it has existed since 1984, promoting and delivering dance activity in Edinburgh. The centre caters for dancers of all ages and abilities, providing an accessible programme of activities that offers a diverse public a non-competitive, sociable and enjoyable way to keep physically fit and develop new creative skills.
Dancebase are looking for a new Centre Director. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you'll be responsible for ensuring our beautiful Edinburgh Centre is a home for dancers and dance lovers from all backgrounds. This includes the delivery of face to face and online classes in a wide variety of dance styles, supporting our award-winning Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme and developing new year-round performance opportunities in the building. The hours are 40 per week, some evening and weekend working will be required.
- Develop the Edinburgh Grassmarket Centre as a home for independent dance in Scotland, actively welcoming dance artists, participants and audience members from diverse backgrounds and locations
- Agree and deliver a business model for the centre that balances availability for dance artists and the range of public classes and performances with the need to generate income from commercial hires and other activity
- Ensure that the premises are maintained to the highest standards, meeting all relevant legal requirements
- Manage frontline customer service and other HR services where required, ensuring that the local community in Edinburgh's Old Town see Dance Base as a relevant community asset
- Design and deliver a programme of quality dance classes for the public that increase engagement and deliver agreed financial results, in our Edinburgh Grassmarket Centre, in partner premises in Edinburgh and elsewhere in Scotland and online
- Support the delivery of our award-winning Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme and other year-round performance opportunities, ensuring the building is effectively repurposed and the programme connects effectively with audiences
- As part of the senior team for the organisation, play an active role in developing the strategic direction for Dance Base
- Work with the senior team to ensure that there is synergy and collaboration between the public, professional and engagement areas of Dance Base activity
- Represent the whole organisation as appropriate
- Deputise for the Chief Executive when required
- Line management responsibilities: Customer Service Team, Programme Coordinator and Facilities Manager
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Knowledge of dance across a range of styles
- Managing complex operations to agreed budgets
- Working effectively with others
- Strategy development
- Entrepreneurship and new business development
- Developing partnerships between organisations
- Management of buildings and facilities
- HR management
- Financial planning
- Dance teaching
- Community engagement
- Representing an organisation in public
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.