|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||31/10/2020 - 23:59|
Do you have extensive marketing or publicity experience? Then don't miss this rare opportunity to join a flourishing independent publisher at the highest level...
Profile Books was founded in 1996 by Andrew Franklin and Stephen Brough to publish stimulating non-fiction in a wide range of fields, including history, business, economics, science and biography, with a sprinkling of humour. Bestsellers over the years have included Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss (more than 3 million copies sold worldwide) and the New Scientist ‘Last Word’ series, which has sold over 2.5 million copies to date. Bestselling authors include Mary Beard, Alan Bennett, Simon Garfield, Francis Fukuyama, Simon Jenkins and Atul Gawande.
This senior role is to champion, organise and manage campaigns to ensure the success of all titles across Profile Book' different imprints and to build their brands. You will be on top of and embrace new trends. The role reports to the Managing Director.
- Create the strategies for the marketing and publicity campaigns for our books, leading from the front for some titles ensuring they reach the widest possible audience.
- To campaign, which is to say energise and push the activities around key titles for each season, from acquisition and positioning, to publication and beyond
- Direct and manage the marketing and publicity teams. The Marketing Director and Publicity Director will report to you and through them, their teams
- Create and direct the marketing and publicity budgets
- Direct and develop our social media strategy and digital presence
- Direct the balance of time and resources, between the digital and physical world activity and educate the whole company in this
- Direct and lead Profile’s relationship with the media, nurturing and deepening relationships with broadcasters, the press, bloggers and other channels
- Develop and enhance our brand including our imprints and author brands
- Guide and direct Profile’s online strategy and presence
- As a member of the company’s Executive you will share responsibility for the company’s management and direction
- Attend and participate in the weekly acquisition meeting
- As agreed with the Sales Director, alternately chair the weekly sales, marketing and publicity (SMP) meeting
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Extensive marketing or publicity experience
- Digital expertise, ideally but not necessarily in publishing
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.