|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||26/02/2021 - 23:59|
Senior HR Advisor - 1-Year Maternity Cover
Do you have knowledge of employment law and HR practices? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation...
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer, and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford, and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a Senior HR Advisor to join their friendly HR team. The Senior HR Advisor will provide a generalist HR service and support to managers and employees across all publishing and business teams. The HR team are currently responsible for delivering strategic HR initiatives in the area of Employee Engagement and the Senior HR Advisor will be part of the project team for these and related initiatives. This role reports to the Head of HR.
- Be point of contact and provide HR advice to managers and employees across publishing functions including Editorial and Rights
- Advise and support line managers with performance management and absence issues and disciplinary and grievance matters
- Support line managers in recruitment and selection process
- Participate and contribute to strategic HR Projects
- Update employment policies and processes and communicate to all employees
- Be HR host and note taker for Employee Voice Meetings alongside Executive Directors
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Providing HR generalist advice and support to line managers
- Recruitment: sourcing candidates and related activities
- Approachable and helpful at all times
- Knowledge of employment law and HR practices
- Able to manage sensitive staffing issues with tact and diplomacy
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Able to develop and sustain working relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills workload, attention to detail and accuracy
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.