|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||23/04/2021 - 09:00|
Product Assistant, Bloomsbury Digital Resources
Are you looking to start a career in a dynamic, fast-growing and forward-looking part of academic publishing? Don't miss the great opportunity...
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.
Bloomsbury is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join the Product Management team as a digital product assistant. As digital product assistant, you will be part of the team that’s re-imagining Bloomsbury’s academic publishing for a digital environment. You will be working on the industry-leading visual arts and humanities resources, and play a key part in developing, launching and managing the multi-award-winning suite of digital products.
The role will provide a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to start a career in a dynamic, fast-growing and forward-looking part of academic publishing.
- Assisting the Product Management team in conducting user interviews and user testing
- Assisting with identifying issues and bugs for new products, and User Acceptance Testing after launch
- Supporting the Product Management team in ensuring that content updates and enhancements for digital products are performed to an agreed schedule
- Aiding site management by reporting bugs and issues to external software developers
- Using Bloomsbury’s platform admin interfaces to create and edit site pages and load content, including working on the visual design of sites
- Liaising with sales, marketing and customer services to communicate addition of new content and product enhancements
- Developing expertise on specific products, becoming the ‘product champion’ who would respond to queries from sales, marketing and customers, troubleshooting and escalating issues as required, and contributing to strategic development of those products
- Providing regular website usage reports using Google Analytics and other tools, and help identify opportunities for improving site content and features
- Assisting with regular product meetings
- Assisting the Product Management team with content updates: managing schedules for upcoming updates, working with colleagues in related departments (Content Architecture, Editorial and Production) to track and progress tasks, overseeing subject indexing of content by external freelancers, maintaining title lists and other metadata
- Managing subject indexing of content and assisting with maintenance of taxonomies
- Preparing product metadata for supply to third parties such as MARC record suppliers and discovery services
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in publishing, web editing or digital product development
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude and enthusiastic team player
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Passion and interest in developing a career in digital product management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Some experience of working with Content Management Systems and/or coding (e.g. XML, HTML, CSS) not essential but advantageous
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.