|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||25/04/2021 - 23:59|
Calling all creative, adaptable and talented marketers! Don't miss this opportunity to join the marketing team at a leading publishing house...
Bloomsbury’s celebrated adult list is home to literary award-winners, page-turning bestsellers, and unmissable cookbooks. It includes legendary names such as Khaled Hosseini, Madeline Miller, George Saunders, Tom Kerridge and Dishoom; as well as bestselling, breakout debut voices such as Reni Eddo-Lodge, Lisa Taddeo, Kiley Reid, Stuart Turton and Rutger Bregman.
Bloomsbury is looking for two creative, adaptable and talented marketers to work across their award-winning adult list of Fiction, Non-Fiction and Cookery. These roles expand the marketing team to help support the outstanding successes of Bloomsbury’s adult list as it goes from strength to strength. It’s an exciting opportunity for imaginative and experienced marketers to create campaigns that break out debut talent, build bestselling names to new heights, and connect readers everywhere with their next great read.
You’ll join a dynamic, collaborative and friendly marketing team that works across Fiction, Non-Fiction and Cookery, reporting into the Head of Marketing. Together you will work to grow the adult fiction business through your targeted, creative, consumer-focused campaigns.
You’ll be an experienced marketer who thinks commercially and strategically about your audience, and understands how to connect them to their next favourite read with irresistible copy, creatives and conversation-starters – both on- and off-line.
- Managing and implementing imaginative and innovative marketing campaigns on individual titles and brands – planning strategically across all formats (physical, eBook, audio), and using the full marketing mix
- Developing positioning, pitch and campaign strategies from acquisition onwards
- Devising social media strategies for individual titles and brands, including creation of engaging and share-worthy digital content
- Briefing design teams and freelance designers to produce top-quality visual assets for campaigns
- Liaising with media agencies to book online/offline advertising campaigns
- Creating top-quality, persuasive retailer materials to help sales teams sell in
- Presenting marketing campaigns to all internal and external stakeholders
- Producing acquisition pitch materials and attending pitch meetings
- Proactively pursuing new marketing opportunities and new ways of reaching readers, experimenting and reporting back to the wider team
- Liaising with the global Bloomsbury marketing teams, and other global teams, to create joined-up campaigns worldwide
- Working with senior marketing colleagues on strategy, content creation and growth for the Raven Books and Bloomsbury Cooks communities
- Works closely with the Fiction PR team, and the wider Adult marketing team
- Reports into the Head of Marketing, Consumer Adult
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in trade publishing is a bonus, but not essential – if you have worked in a marketing role and can demonstrate creative ideas, brilliant execution, passion for and a broad understanding of the bookselling landscape and market – this role could be for you
- Creative vision, digital know-how, adaptability, and the skills to communicate and persuade, to see your creative vision through the campaign
- Experience creating, managing and reporting on Amazon and social media advertising campaigns desirable
- Experience launching/building newsletter channels and direct-to-consumer strategy desirable
- Keen interest in social media and new digital marketing opportunities
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Good time management skills
- Good eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent copy-writing skills and an eye for great design
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to cross-market and build strong new partnerships with external brands and organisations
- Understanding of design software (In-Design/Photoshop) desirable
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.