|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
Head of Marketing, Children's Books
Don't miss this exciting opportunity for an imaginative and experienced marketer to create campaigns that break out debut talent, build bestselling names to new heights, and connect readers everywhere with their next great read...
Bloomsbury’s celebrated adult list is home to literary award-winners, page-turning bestsellers, and unmissable cookbooks. It includes legendary names such as Khaled Hosseini, Madeline Miller, George Saunders, Tom Kerridge and Dishoom; as well as bestselling, breakout debut voices such as Reni Eddo-Lodge, Lisa Taddeo, Kiley Reid, Stuart Turton and Rutger Bregman.
Bloomsbury have an exciting opportunity for a strategic, creative, consumer-focused and commercially aware Head of Marketing to join Bloomsbury Children’s books award-winning marketing and publicity team. As Head of Marketing you will be responsible for leading and implementing creative, sales-driven campaigns to promote front and backlist titles and brands across their list.
- Manage the children’s marketing team to deliver successful campaign activity for their allocated areas of list responsibility in line with agreed budgets, targets and outcomes.
- Work with the Group Director to audit and facilitate best practice in the team across key areas of marketing
- Work with the Group Director to pinpoint areas of focus for the team across front and backlist titles, ensuring this focus appropriately represents Bloomsbury's ambition for key titles
- Drive key brands, including Harry Potter, forwards, helping to spot consumer, sales and publishing opportunities for these authors and titles
- Day-to-day management of specified key authors/titles and major brands
- Understand the importance of social media and digital activity as part of campaigns, working with the internal digital teams to drive children’s priorities and to create holistic campaign strategies across online/social and print
- Support a culture of collaboration, working closely with the publicity, sales and editorial teams, feeding ideas into the wider company and being a great spokesperson for the children’s marketing team
- Work with the Group Director to set budgets and review spends
- Key point of contact for the Children’s sales team (UK/Export/Group offices) for key title planning across all retail channels, organising meetings as appropriate and regularly reviewing plans
Knowledge, skills, experience
- At least four years’ experience in marketing and some line management experience
- Knowledge of working on major Children’s brands, with a proven track record in leading creative and effective Children’s marketing campaigns
- An in-depth understanding of the Children’s retail marketplace
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders including authors, editors, freelancer designers/animators, digital agencies
- Experience of working successfully with third parties on innovative marketing partnerships and initiatives
- Excellent trade and children’s book community contacts
- Excellent knowledge of current marketing best practice across on/offline platforms
- Broad market awareness within publishing and within marketing
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practises of advertising and industry developments
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- A proven track record in running campaigns and building brands
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.