|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||30/07/2021 - 17:00|
Would you like to support the technical running of a Birmingham theatre as they reopen in this exciting period?
Birmingham Hippodrome is one of the most popular theatre complexes in the UK, with a mission to enrich the cultural life of their region. They are an independent charity, offering a wide-ranging and dynamic programme of theatre, musicals, dance, opera, festivals, education, and community activities.
Birmingham Hippodrome are recruiting a Technical Operative to join their team. Now is an exciting time to be joining one of Birmingham’s premier entertainment venues as they get ready for live shows from the 24th of August.
- You will provide a full and professional technical support service assisting the technical management in all technical related duties related to our productions on and off stage including get-ins, get-outs, show running, maintenance of stage equipment and general backstage housekeeping
- You will work across lighting, sound, stage, furniture logistics and other maintenance related activities
- As a popular entertainment venue our business requires working evenings and weekend hours, so you will need to be flexible too
Knowledge, skills, experience
- We will expect you to enhance our standing for operating a safe working environment, ensure high standards are maintained and deliver faultless customer service
- You must have a basic and general theatre knowledge and be willing to develop technical theatre skills and stage knowledge
- Highly organised and a good communicator you are effective at multi-tasking and have an eye for detail
- Reliable, your flexible approach will be complemented by good team working skills
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.