|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/08/2021 - 17:00|
Student Support Officer
Arts educators BIMM are looking for an organised individual who is passionate about supporting students at its Manchester campus...
BIMM Institute has colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. BIMM Institute’s colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
BIMM Manchester are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic experienced, dynamic professional with a pastoral/support background which will enable them to take on a key role in upholding all Student Support systems to ensure all students complete their studies and achieve at the highest level. The successful applicant will work as part of the Student Support team to help promote and encourage access to Student Support services and oversee the welfare of all BIMM students.
- Maintenance of registers and attendance monitoring databases
- Enrolling and maintaining student data on Unit-e and all other relevant databases
- Reporting on attendance, retention and achievement when requested and assisting the Head of Student Services in the production of data-based reports
- Assisting with the administration of withdrawals
- Advising/supporting students on a drop-in and appointment basis on any issues affecting them, and referring on when needed
- Attendance monitoring including chasing of students via telephone, e-mail and letter
- Keeping accurate records of tutorials/phone calls
- Maintenance of student files
- Updating BIMM policies and procedures on an annual basis, including the Student Manual
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- High level accuracy in data inputting
- Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Experience of working in Education
- Experience working with exam rules and regulations
- Qualification in Counselling or experience dealing with high level pastoral care
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.