|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
Student Support Officer - Music Production
An exciting opportunity to join the team in Bristol of the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe in...
With over 35 years experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
The BIMM Institute is looking for a Student Support Officer to join their team. The post holder will have a key role in supporting and promoting the student body's well-being to support students’ emotional and practical needs to ensure all students complete their studies, progress on their course, and achieve to the highest level.
- Assuming role as main point of contact for students and lecturers
- Providing an information and advice service to students on wide range of pastoral issues and college policy & procedures
- Coordinating student tutorials to discuss pastoral, academic and attendance issues
- Working with academic staff to ensure student satisfaction remains high including implementation of focus groups, questionnaires and surveys
- Reporting conduct and welfare issues to the Head and Deputy Head of Student Services
- Liaising with Exams team and relevant academic staff to ensure students are achieving and progressing at their highest potential
- Maintenance of confidential student data files
- Covering reception duties as and when required
- Monitoring Student Support email inbox
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of providing 1:1 support to students or service users
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Able to work positively with students to support, respect and empower those in distress
- Commitment to delivering a high quality of customer service
- Able to prioritise and self-manage workload
- Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive data
- Personal resilience and adaptability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to manage levels of risk
- Experience of working in an education setting, such as HE or FE
- Qualification in Counselling Skills or Mental Health First Aid
- Understanding of and/or training in safeguarding
- Interest in music and performance
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.