|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/10/2021 - 17:00|
Student Support Officer
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to advise and empower students at the Institute for Contemporary Theatre in Manchester!
The Institute for Contemporary Theatre (ICTheatre) is dedicated to enabling young people to progress from education into sustainable careers in The Performing Arts Industry. ICTheatre offer direct access to regular collaborative experiences, including masterclasses hosted by internationally renowned Performers, Directors and Casting agents. ICTheatre students also benefit from being connected to Industry professionals in the Creative Arts sector.
ICTheatre are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic experienced, dynamic professional with a pastoral/support background which will enable them to take on a key role in upholding all Student Support systems to ensure all students complete their studies and achieve at the highest level.
- Maintenance of registers and attendance monitoring databases
- Enrolling and maintaining student data on Unit-e and all other relevant databases
- Reporting on attendance, retention and achievement when requested
- Advising/supporting students on a drop-in and appointment basis on any issues affecting them, and referring on when needed
- Attendance monitoring including chasing of students via telephone, e-mail and letter
- Implementation of disciplinary procedures where necessary
- Face to face tutorials where necessary, both pastoral and attendance and referring students on to external bodies when appropriate
- Keeping accurate records of tutorials/phone calls
- Maintenance of student files
- Updating BIMM policies and procedures on an annual basis
- Please note that a more detailed breakdown of your duties will be available when applying
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- High level accuracy in data inputting
- Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Experience of working in Education
- Experience working with exam rules and regulations
- Qualification in Counselling or experience dealing with high level pastoral care
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.