|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Facilities and Studio Technician
Are you highly organised, with knowledge of musical equipment? You'll want to check out this upcoming role...
BIMM Institute is a leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. With colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – BIMM Institute has over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
BIMM Institute is recruiting a Senior Facilities and Studio Technician. They are seeking to appoint an energetic and highly motivated individual with a strong interest in facilities management who will have the knowledge and expertise to support the Head of Estates and Facilities in ensuring that the buildings and facilities are fully functioning and fit for purpose.
- Preparation, running and maintenance of BIMM Manchester's teaching and recording studios
- Supporting tutors in delivery of timetabled lectures
- Light cleaning duties as required
- Management of health and safety on site
- Reporting issues to the Head of Estates as required
- Management of onsite security systems and contractors
- Maintenance of recording studios and associated equipment as appropriate
- Musical instruments and backline
- Dealing with suppliers and contractors in order to keep BIMM's facilities in excellent condition
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good time management and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of musical equipment
- Experience working as a studio recording engineer
- Knowledge of computer music equipment, MIDI controllers etc
- Ability to troubleshoot/fault find in a recording studio capacity
- Health and Safety awareness
- Excellent knowledge of Mac and PC systems, including networking systems
- Excellent knowledge of DAW’s, primarily Pro Tools, but including Logic and Ableton
- Experience of productivity software such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Full clean Driving License would be desirable
- Though not essential, knowledge of SSL mixing desks would be an advantage
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.