|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Do you have a helpful and friendly disposition, with excellent interpersonal skills? This receptionist role could be ideal for you.
BIMM Institute is a leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. With colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – BIMM Institute has over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
For this role of Receptionist, BIMM Institute are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic experienced, dynamic professional with a reception management and education administrative background which will enable them to take on a key role in providing high quality customer service to all students, staff, guests, visitors and stakeholders at BIMM Manchester.
- Dealing with all queries at the reception desk and on the phone, as well as off-site at events and gigs
- Responding to tutor and visitor needs as they arise quickly and efficiently referring to team members when required
- Asking for ID cards for all visitors and students coming into BIMM premises
- Working in accordance with GDPR and being aware of privacy and confidentiality of students data and details
- Keeping a visitor’s book and providing visitors with visitors badges
- Updating BIMM systems with student personal details throughout the year
- Producing accurate letters to confirm student status
- Updating student attendance and absence data on registers on a daily basis working closely with Student Support to refer on concerns
- Assisting Student Support and Admin teams where necessary and appropriate
- Managing the student tutorial system on Moodle in accordance with BIMM policy
- Booking assessment slots when required for students in accordance with BIMM policy
- Managing rehearsal room bookings when needed
- Ensuring all paper work is available for students as required (assessment days, open days, absence etc)
- Maintain up to date student information boards in student common rooms and around BIMM
- Ensuring telephone calls are answered efficiently and politely at all times, and ensure the callers request is dealt with as soon as possible and messages are taken and passed on immediately
- General willingness to help out with other office-related tasks to support administrative processes
- Outside term times, be willing and available to assist all team members with administration of student records and any other duties
- Assisting with BIMM Manchester events as required
- Keeping reception area tidy and organized at all times
- Removing out of date posters, flyers and refreshing printer paper, leaflets and information as required
- Covering lunch breaks and holiday of reception team across sites
- Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM's policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Friendly open disposition with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong confident user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a small team
- An ability to work from own initiative and keep busy and focused at quieter times
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Reliable with excellent time keeping and time management
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in Higher or Further Education
- Data entry skills
- Knowledge and interest in music
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.