|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||03/08/2021 - 17:00|
Head of Further Education
Would you like to join a leading arts educator in a senior role? Read a breakdown of this exciting opportunity below...
BIMM Institute has colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. BIMM Institute’s colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
BIMM Institute are seeking a Head of Further Education (FE) to join their Manchester campus. You will be an experienced professional with a strong background in FE, who will take responsibility for the leadership, creative development and delivery of FE courses.
- Continually review the curriculum offering to maintain relevancy and meet current academic standards
- Responsible for upkeep and development of the Course Specification and Module / Unit Guides
- Review local teaching resources and schemes of work to ensure high quality content that provides opportunities for students to be challenged academically and developed creatively
- Responsible for the line management and co-ordination of all FE Programme Leaders
- Oversee the annual review of all courses
- Oversee the local authorship of annual monitoring reports (or contributory reports) with a consistent editorial voice
- Oversee and be accountable for examination and assessment arrangements in accordance with published BIMM procedures and awarding body requirements
- Oversee the production of assessments schedules and assessment feedback templates
- Liaise with Student Services to ensure effective support is in place for students, including tutorials
- Responsible for the recruitment and induction of Programme Leaders to ensure the FE staffing cohort is fully equipped to deliver the curriculum offering
- A detailed job description will be provided when progressing further with the application
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in managing a team with a view to driving high standards from both staff and students alike.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent level of IT skills
- Strong background in the delivery of quality teaching and learning
- An understanding of complex systems such as scheduling, timetabling and exams procedure
- Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Be able to successfully manage a varied workload
- A teaching qualification (or a willingness to work towards)
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.