|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||13/05/2021 - 23:59|
Head of Education
Are you passionate about theatre, with a background in higher education management? This could be your next role.
BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe, with over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham.
ICTheatre (Institute for Contemporary Theatre) is an institution of modern Performance Arts training and opened its doors in Manchester for the first time in September 2020. The next generation of inspired artists will be offered the opportunity to complete a three-year Bachelor of Arts in Performing Arts, validated by the BIMM university.
ICTheatre is recruiting a Head of Education in a full-time permanent role. The right candidate will be a highly experienced, dynamic professional with a strong background in Performing Arts and in education who will take responsibility for the leadership, creative development and delivery of Higher Education courses. You will be directly accountable for the quality and delivery of the curriculum and will work in conjunction with college teams and the wider BIMM ADQA team to ensure quality of experience and educational outcomes for your students.
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of the Course/Route Leaders for all degree courses
- Review learning resources and schemes of work to ensure high quality content that provides opportunities for students to be challenged academically and developed creatively
- Responsible for the management of the Course/Route Leaders
- Chair HE Management Group and Course meetings reporting to College Management Team
- Contribute to the development of new courses and revalidation of existing courses
- Oversee the annual review of all HE courses and monitor HE course specific action plans
- Oversee the development and approval of HE courses handbooks and schemes of work
- Contribute to the development of course documentation in consultation with other BIMM colleagues and to be approved by academic committee
- Represent ICTheatre on group wide committees, as required
- Oversee the production of assessments schedules and assessment feedback templates
- Being accountable for student success rates measured against KPIs
- Coordinate tutor, module leader, and course leader CPD
- Undertake annual tutor observations working as part of the observation team
- Liaise with Student Services to ensure effective support is in place for all HE students, including tutorials
- Ensure effective student representation including an effective feedback cycle that is visible to all stakeholders
- Monitor and encourage student engagement with module and course surveys
- Representing the College as required at external events
- Involvement in Open Days as and when required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- At least two years’ experience within Higher Education management
- A degree level qualification in a relevant area
- A teaching qualification or a willingness to gain one
- Excellent skills in an area of the performing arts as well as relevant industry experience
- Experience of working with Further and Higher Education Institutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent level of IT skills
- Strong background in the delivery of quality teaching and learning
- Experience of dealing with an awarding partner
- An MA level qualification
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.