|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Facilities and Studio Technician
Have great timekeeping skills and knowledge of music equipment? This could be your next role...
BIMM Institute is a leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. With colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – BIMM Institute has over 35 years’ experience in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries.
BIMM Institute are seeking to appoint an energetic and highly motivated Facilities and Studio Technician. They will have a strong interest in facilities management who will have the knowledge and expertise to support the Senior Facilities and Studio Technician in ensuring that the buildings and facilities that make up the BIMM Manchester estate are fully functioning and fit for purpose. The successful candidate will be involved with the day-to-day running of BIMM’s new site at Merchant Exchange, working closely with the Senior Facilities and Studio Technician to ensure the appropriateness, quality and safety of the college environment.
- This is a keyholder role
- Preparation, running and maintenance of BIMM Manchester's teaching and recording studios
- Supporting tutors in delivery of timetabled lectures
- Some light cleaning duties are required
- Operational management of health and safety on site, including reporting issues to the Senior Facilities and Studio Technician
- Operational management of onsite security systems and contractors
- Maintenance of recording studios and associated equipment as appropriate, along with musical instruments and backline
- Dealing with suppliers and contractors in order to keep BIMM's facilities in excellent condition
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good time management and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of musical equipment
- Experience working as a studio recording engineer
- Knowledge of computer music equipment, MIDI controllers etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot/fault find in a recording studio capacity
- Health and Safety awareness
- Excellent knowledge of Mac and PC systems, including networking systems
- Excellent knowledge of DAW’s, primarily Pro Tools, but including Logic and Ableton
- Experience of productivity software such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Full clean Driving License is desirable
- Knowledge of SSL mixing desks is also preferable
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.