|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||13/05/2021 - 23:59|
Examinations Officer and Academic Administrator
Do you have experience of administering exams and assessments within high education? This could be your next role...
BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. They have over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and are located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. Performers College is a renowned Performing Arts institution delivering a variety of HE and FE courses.
BIMM is seeking to appoint a highly experienced, dynamic professional with a strong background in managing all aspects of the administration of examinations. The successful applicant will work closely with Performers College and BIMM’s curriculum and administrative teams across Higher and Further Education and be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of all examinations, in accordance with the regulations of education partners and awarding bodies.
- Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM's policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety
- Ensuring that Performers College operates an effective examinations management system in line with the requirements of the HE and FE partner institutions and awarding bodies
- Working closely with the Registry team, Student Support team and curriculum team to ensure that all examinations and assessments are set, delivered and marked in a timely fashion in accordance with regulations
- Liaising with course leaders to ensure that all examination data collection adheres to the requirements of examining bodies
- Working with members of the Student Support team to assist in the delivery of examination and assessment-based tutorials
- Providing telephone and tutorial support for students who require additional information about assessment processes
- Being actively involved in monitoring student attendance and retention with relation to assessments
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, especially by telephone
- High level accuracy of data inputting with ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Experience of administering higher education examinations and assessments
- Understanding and experience of examination and moderation procedures
- Experience of data processing and delivery for university examinations boards.
- Experience of line management
- Educated to HE Level 6 / undergraduate degree level
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.