|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||29/01/2021 - 23:59|
Associate Publisher, Bookouture
Do you have a growth mindset and are able to think strategically? Don't miss this exciting role with a leading publishing group...
Hachette UK is a leading publishing group. The group is made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse history. Hachette UK is owned by Hachette Livre, the world’s second largest trade and educational publisher, and also has subsidiaries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and India as well as working closely with their sister company in the USA. Bookouture is the fastest-growing digital publisher of commercial fiction – and part of Hachette UK. They have sold over 40 million books since they started 8 years ago, and 2020 was their best year yet.
Hachette Uk is recruiting an Associate Publisher to join their team. In the role of Associate Publisher, you will be publishing some of Hachette UK's bestselling commercial fiction authors, managing two members of staff, and starting to build your own list of future bestsellers.
- Manage a list of authors for two editors on parental leave, taking titles from initial edit through to finished publication
- Work with authors to come up with the strongest concepts, the best books, and the perfect packaging to reach as many readers as possible
- After publication, you will monitor sales and ensure that titles are always optimised to reach the widest possible audience
- Following the parental leave cover, you will begin to build your own list of commercial fiction
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Someone with experience of acquiring, editing and publishing commercial fiction who can hit the ground running
- Be a meticulous editor and a great copywriter, with an eye for strong commercial packaging and keenly aware of market trends
- Be data-driven, creative, brilliant at author care and capable of handling a busy list
- Hachette is looking not only for great publishing talent, but for people who make a habit of improving the way things are done, who embrace change and who enjoy applying science and tech to creativity
- Someone who is driven by producing great work, thinking strategically – with a growth mindset – and generating new ideas and approaches that will improve the business
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.