|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Bureau of Investigative Journalism|
Open to all
Remote for the rest of the year
|Apply by:||24/08/2020 - 23:00|
Assistant Production Editor
If you are an exceptional storyteller, with experience in online production, apply now to join this leading investigative organisation as an Assistant Production Editor...
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is a not-for-profit newsroom that focuses on in-depth, deep reporting that digs into important public interest issues. It is the largest independent investigative journalism organisation in the country.
The Bureau is looking for somebody to join their team as an Assistant Production Editor. You will be involved in all aspects of production including editing and subbing copy, layout, picture and infographics commissioning. The ideal candidate will be able to turn a long, involved copy into an engaging story, and will know how to get stories noticed.
- Edit and sub copy to a high standard
- Layout and publish copy and furniture using the CMS
- Picture selection and commission photography, infographics and illustrations
- Work with reporters to shape stories
- Help with fact checking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Obsessed with detail
- Brilliant writing and editing
- Good visual sense
- Fantastic ideas about how to tell stories better
- Experience of online production
- A passion for great journalism
- Understanding of nuance
- Track record of working to a deadline
- SEO and use of analytics to amplify the reach of stories
- Video and audio editing skills would be beneficial but not essential
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.