|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
12 Months |
|Location:||England (not London)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||07/03/2021 - 23:59|
Senior Officer, Training and Advice
Do you have plenty of experience when it comes to developing and delivering training? This fixed-term role is an exciting chance for you to join Arts Council England…
Arts Council England is the national development agency for creativity and culture. They want to grow skills, knowledge and networks to help establish the conditions in which creativity and culture can flourish across the country. By 2030, they want England to be a country in which the creativity of each of us is valued, and where every one of us has access to a remarkable range of high-quality cultural experiences.
Arts Council England is looking for a Senior Training and Advice Officer working in the Project Funding team on a full time, fixed-term basis. Working collaboratively with your colleagues in the Investment Centre, the Senior Training Officer will help develop and deliver internal training. This role can be based at any Arts Council England Office except London.
- Collaborate with all colleagues on the critical aspects of grant-making
- Developing and delivering the national frameworks for the external pre-application and post-award guidance, and advice for applicants and grant holders
- Help all Arts Council understand and deliver grant-making processes confidently and compliantly
- Use technology effectively to make all training content accessible
- Design content for the digital platforms for external applicants – primarily the website and social media channels
- Ensure materials are accessible, have the greatest possible reach, and provide high quality information
- Liaise with policy leads to ensure that training, briefings, and new channels of engagement for our advice framework are accessible, accurate, consistent, and fit for purpose
- Support the delivery, production, and administration of external online advice-giving webinars, ensuring that all sessions are relevant, well-organised and accessible to attendees
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience in developing, designing, and delivering training
- Be used to producing written communications and working with a variety of online and digital communications channels
- Have first-rate interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of diversity and its implications
- A highly organised approach with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and exercise practical judgement when organising, planning and managing complex tasks
- An understanding of diversity and its implications
- Basic skills in document design and editing, video creation and editing, audio/podcast recording and editing (e.g. tools like Adobe InDesign and media editing tools)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesise large quantities of information and data and communicate them in a clear, confident, and engaging manner
- Skills in creative/innovative thinking, with the ability to act creatively, champion and promote new ideas
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.