|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Arts Council England|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||05/11/2021 - 17:00|
Relationship Manager (Music inc Education Hubs)
Do you believe in the power of culture to transform lives? Passionate about one or more of London's ethnically diverse musical communities?
Arts Council England is the national public development and investment agency for art and culture. Its mission is ‘Great art and culture for everyone’. Arts Council champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people’s lives. It supports activities across the arts, museums, and libraries – from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections.
In this role you will work closely with colleagues in the Area team to contribute to a coordinated approach to the support and development of arts and culture locally and to relationships with external partners. Arts Council England are particularly keen to hear from people with knowledge and experience in contemporary Black music genres, or specialised knowledge and experience of one or more of London's ethnically diverse grassroots musical communities.
This part-time role is for 17.5 hours per week.
- You will manage a portfolio of funded organisations. This will include maintaining an awareness of their performance against their business plan and their funding agreement with the Arts Council, maintaining awareness of their artistic work and identifying their investment needs. You will contribute to the assessment of their applications, liaising with the Investment Centre and recommending funding decisions to your Senior Relationship Manager and Leadership team
- You will spend an appropriate amount of time involved in our grants management processes, monitoring and maintaining contact with their activity
- You will play an advisory and developmental role, supporting your portfolio of organisations in furthering their artistic ambition whilst building their financial and operational resilience
- You will support the Arts Council’s broader development role, offering advice to organisations not funded through the National portfolio and supporting them, for example, to develop funding applications. Part of your role will involve contributing to the development and management of Arts Council strategic programmes, liaising with internal colleagues and external partners
- You will contribute to the organisation’s goals and priorities by sharing the market intelligence and knowledge gained in your work to inform future investment decisions and priorities within the area and nationally through specialist or project groupings
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will need to have experience of working in one or more of our artforms or cross-cutting policy areas and with arts and cultural organisations at senior level
- You will also need to have a good understanding of organisational dynamics – including business planning, financial reporting, performance management and governance
- You will need to be effective in developing relationships with organisations at all levels and have the personal credibility, communication and analytical skill to provide advice and support on the artistic and operational challenges they face
- You will have a good knowledge of grant management and the ability to negotiate with arts and cultural organisations on funding agreements. You will maintain an overview of projects funded to ensure they are meeting our strategic aims
- You will have willingness to and experience of working beyond your area of expertise across all our policy areas and priorities
- You must have a good appreciation of the arts and culture sector in England and of the current challenges and opportunities facing it, including the context for public and private sector partnership support
- You will have an understanding of the Arts Council’s duty as a public body under current equality legislation, the diversity agenda and its relationship to arts and culture
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.