|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
1 permanent position & 1 fixed-term (minimum 10 months) |
|Location:||UK (outside of London)|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||20/04/2021 - 23:59|
Relationship Manager - Theatre
Are you great at developing relationships within arts organisations? This upcoming role could be a great fit...
Arts Council England is the national development agency for creativity and culture. They want to grow skills, knowledge and networks to help establish the conditions in which creativity and culture can flourish across the country. By 2030, they want England to be a country in which the creativity of each of us is valued, and where every one of us has access to a remarkable range of high-quality cultural experiences.
In this Relationship Manager role with Arts Council England, you will work closely with a portfolio of organisations that Arts Council England funds through our various investment programmes, helping those organisations to contribute successfully to delivering the Arts Council’s strategy and to achieve their own growth and development objectives. Acting as the primary conduit and point of contact between these organisations and the Arts Council.
- You will manage a portfolio of funded organisations. This will include maintaining an awareness of their performance against their business plan and their funding agreement with the Arts Council, maintaining awareness of their artistic work and identifying their investment needs
- You will contribute to the assessment of their applications, liaising with the Investment Centre and recommending funding decisions to your Senior Relationship Manager and Leadership team
- You will spend an appropriate amount of time involved in the grants management processes, monitoring and maintaining contact with their activity
- You will play an advisory and developmental role, supporting your portfolio of organisations in furthering their artistic ambition whilst building their financial and operational resilience
- You will support the Arts Council’s broader development role, offering advice to organisations not funded through the National portfolio and supporting them, for example, to develop funding applications. Part of your role will involve contributing to the development and management of Arts Council strategic programmes, liaising with internal colleagues and external partners
- You will contribute to the organisation’s goals and priorities by sharing the market intelligence and knowledge gained in your work to inform future investment decisions and priorities within the area and nationally through specialist or project groupings
Knowledge, skills, experience
- You will need to have experience of working in one or more of Arts Council's artforms or cross-cutting policy areas and with arts and cultural organisations at senior level
- You will also need to have a good understanding of organisational dynamics – including business planning, financial reporting, performance management and governance
- You will need to be effective in developing relationships with organisations at all levels and have the personal credibility, communication and analytical skill to provide advice and support on the artistic and operational challenges they face
- You will have a good knowledge of grant management and the ability to negotiate with arts and cultural organisations on funding agreements
- You will have willingness to and experience of working beyond your area of expertise across all policy areas and priorities
- You must have a good appreciation of the arts and culture sector in England and of the current challenges and opportunities facing it, including the context for public and private sector partnership support
- You will have an understanding of the Arts Council’s duty as a public body under current equality legislation, the diversity agenda and its relationship to arts and culture
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.