|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Until 31st March 2022|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||14/05/2021 - 23:59|
Communications Officer, Media
Have a deep understanding of how media operates, from broadcast to print and emerging media forms? Check out this Communications Officer role with Arts Council...
Arts Council England is the national development agency for creativity and culture. They want to grow skills, knowledge and networks to help establish the conditions in which creativity and culture can flourish across the country. By 2030, they want England to be a country in which the creativity of each of us is valued, and where every one of us has access to a remarkable range of high-quality cultural experiences.
Arts Council England is looking for a skilled and versatile Communications Officer to work in this role on a fixed-term contract basis, earning a generous salary. If you have demonstrable experience handling media enquiries in a busy environment and communicating complex issues to a wide range of audiences, they would love to hear from you.
- You will be responsible for the day to day handling of media activities, including handling and responding to media enquiries, drafting reactive statements, and developing proactive media outputs and content
- You will keep yourself informed of the main external issues that affect the Arts Council, develop significant knowledge of its core business and act as a confident advocate for the Arts Council with external stakeholders.
- You will be required to engage with the most senior members of the organisation in
- fulfilling operational tasks e.g. interviewing the Chief Executive for a piece of
- content or accompanying the Chair at an event or media opportunity
- This role sometimes requires out of hours working for key media announcements
- as well as participation in an out of hours duty press rota
- Finally, you will contribute to the organisation’s commitment to diversity and its
- implications for the arts and culture, promoting a diversity perspective in all
- aspects of the post’s objectives and activities
Knowledge, skills, experience
- External communications experience
- Have a good understanding of how media operate - including print, broadcast, online and other emerging media
- Experience of working in a communication team or similar environment
- Familiarity with core principles of communication - including strategic planning, audience insight, messaging, reputation management, and evaluation
- Significant on the job experience and a recognised professional qualification in one or more of the above core specialisms
- Well-developed skills in planning, influencing, and conscious inclusive judgment
- In this communications role, you should also be an excellent writer and understand different forms of content from an audience perspective, ensuring it is clear and impacting
- You will also need to have basic project management skills and be comfortable working in matrix teams
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.