|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
15 hours a week |
|Company:||Watts Gallery - Artists' Village|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||11/10/2021 - 17:00|
Artist's Studio Museum Network Co-ordinator
Looking for that next step into an art career? Are you organised and good under pressure? This could be the role for you...
Watts Gallery - Artists' Village is a unique Arts & Crafts gem nestled in the Surrey Hills. Part of the Watts Gallery Trust, an independent charity established in 1904 to manage the legacy of George Frederic Watts OM RA, one of the leading artists of the nineteenth century, the trust set up the UK's first single-artist museum.
Watts Gallery Artists Village is looking for a new Network Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will develop content, including professional development events, to promote and support engagement with the ongoing development of their unique international network of studio museums.
- Support the ongoing development and growth of the network
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Communications
team to develop a dynamic programme of content for the ASMN website including blogs, videos, interviews, member profiles, exhibition listings and social media channels.
- Develop and deliver a programme of digital events to support skills
sharing and sector support for the Network and facilitate in-person
events when feasible.
- Act as the central point of contact for organisations across the Network, respond to enquiries, and undertake other tasks that may be required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- An interest in artist’s studios and studio museums and art, architecture and design.
- Excellent IT skills including Office 365 and an interest in digital and social media marketing.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with members of the Curatorial and Marketing teams to create and deliver a content programme.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to write copy and adapt it for different public and professional audiences and use on different platforms, e.g. email, website and social media.
- Degree or equivalent technical qualification in a relevant subject.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.