|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||The Bureau of Investigative Journalism|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||24/08/2020 - 23:00|
Are you a skilled, high-calibre reporter who can dig into the use of algorithms and big data? If so, join the UK’s largest independent investigative journalism organisation today...
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is a not-for-profit newsroom that focuses on in-depth, deep reporting that digs into important public interest issues. It is the largest independent investigative journalism organisation in the country.
The Bureau is looking for a skilled Algorithms Reporter to join their team. This role will work with the project lead to deliver hard-hitting, ambitious stories across print and broadcast. The ideal candidate will have reported widely on the technology industry and the use of technology in government for at least three years. You will be full of story ideas and will have done some off-diary, longer term, investigative-style reporting.
- Be part of a two-person team delivering hard-hitting investigations
- Develop story ideas
- Keep across the media reporting and policy development in the area
- Build a strong contact base to help deliver stories and impact
- Represent the Bureau and the project at events and conferences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record of strong, off-diary stories in the big tech area
- Deliverable story ideas
- Good contacts
- Strong reporting skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.