|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||London Communications Agency|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||02/12/2020 - 23:59|
Do you have an interest in helping communicate the most exciting projects in London to London and beyond? As well as excellent communication and administrative skills? Then take a look at this brilliant opportunity today...
LCA is an intelligence-led PR company, with four core services: Consultation & Planning Permission; Consumer & Lifestyle; Corporate & Public Affairs; and Design for Print & Digital. They are trusted to deliver by developers, occupiers, land owners, house builders, local authorities, registered providers, NHS organisations, transport bodies, education providers, cultural institutions, major businesses, sports clubs and charities.
LCA is looking to recruit an Account Executive to join their team. The successful candidate would support the team and be exposed directly to clients, working on around 6-8 clients at any one time, predominantly in the built environment sector - which could include planning, placemaking or construction - but also on corporate accounts or work in the transport or health sectors.
- Researching relevant information and data that relates to the work of the clients
- Monitoring key media and reviewing media coverage (task shared between all LCA staff)
- Compiling press lists, drafting press releases and selling into local, regional and trade titles
- Implementing elements of communications and consultation strategies such as media campaigns, stakeholder engagement programmes and planning public consultations
- Arranging all the logistics of public consultation from mail outs to venue hire, stakeholder identification to staffing the consultations
- Preparing first drafts of materials as required -e.g press notices, key messages, target audience lists, event programmes, consultation materials
- Delivering social media campaigns; planning content and running Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts on behalf of clients or LCA
- Arranging and attending client meetings and minuting them as required
- Attending and participating in team meetings and training to develop own knowledge and skills
- Networking with contacts within the industry and grow your own contact base within these, the media and/or political worlds and/or other key sectors or community groups that form vital parts of London's social fabric
- Supporting the rest of the team
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ideally, the successful candidate would have at least one year's experience at an agency or in-house environment, however they are also open to seeing candidates with a real passion and drive for London and who want to see change happen within their local communities
- A background in corporate communications, but with a leaning towards media relations over public affairs or marketing
- Experience of either 'issue' based communications or B2C/General consumer engagement
- Client experience across any or all of the following sectors: property, development, placemaking, planning, regeneration or sport
- Understanding of issues management - strength in understanding and communicating complex issues to different audiences
- Very good organisational abilities - to manage a range of tasks for different clients
- Good writing skills - to a high quality and to deadline
- Confident media operator, able to pick the phone up to journalists and get coverage
- Good IT and presentation skills
- A desire to learn and develop within an organisation and small team environment
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.